Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics

08/01/12 -414lbs   Like  a lot of people, I have become an Olympic junkie. I normally don't watch sports other than football. There is something about watching all these young people who have sacrificed so much to get to compete with the best of the best. This is so far removed from my own personality. I am the least competitive person I know. Winning or being the best just doesn't mean anything to me. I always feel bad for those who lose, especially those who lose by only this much. The heartbreak on their faces always makes me want to tell them to hold their heads up. It seems to take them awhile to realize that they still have accomplished something awesome. I don't have the military mindset of 1st place and 1st loser. I think that being number 2 in the world is something to be proud of.

1 comment:

  1. I'm back!!! Haven't watched the Olympics yet, still catching up on the news....lol....You are doing Awesome! Ruff two weeks for you, and I wish I could have been there more for you. Hang in there, ALL Doctors Suck, I back you on that one! Sorry, Drew, I have Sjogrens........I love you, and You Are Beautiful!!! Smile!!

    ReplyDelete