Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Okay to Be Rude

08/11/12  410lbs    Yesterday, I wanted to prove to mom and Dad that I could get the paper in, and check the mail while their gone. So I walked down the the driveway to the mailbox. Yea me. The problem I have is that I need to stop and either lean against something, or sit down to catch my breath. Just stopping doesn't help much. It's very frustrating and embarrassing. There was a woman on Spark People, who had lost quite a bit of weight and she and her boyfriend took her 7 year old niece to the amusement park. She had promised her niece that they would ride in the front car on the roller coaster. They waited their turn and got the front car, her boyfriend sat in the second car behind them. when it came time to fasten the seat belt it wouldn't fit. So she asked the attendant if it would be ok since the safety bar did fit. He said no, and made her get out of the car. Then the attendant told her boyfriend that he couldn't move up to sit with the seven year old. The poor lady walked the walk of shame all the way to the end of the line but again the attendant refused to open the gate. so she had to walk by all those people again to walk out the other way. By this time she was in tears. If an amusement park had treated a sick or physically challenged person like that people would have been outraged but because the woman was heavy, it was acceptable. That's why I don't want to leave the house. I am so tired of ignoring people staring and pointing and making rude comments. I am so tired of trying to pretend that peoples rudeness doesn't bother me. Every step I take hurts me. Every time I have to look for a big chair it hurts me. Every time I have to stand to have my blood pressure taken  it hurts me. Dad said the other day he tried to lift 100 pound weights and he couldn't budge it. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to climb the stairs with an extra 250 pounds. Well You don't have to, I'll tell you. It hurts. it hurts your ankles, knees, and lungs.It hurts your back and your arms from trying to help pull your weight.. Yet all of us who are trying to change our lives keep getting up day after day, and doing it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment