Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sue

08/22/12 405lbs  I have someone who I'm very close to, who suffers from something called Sjogren's Syndrome. I have complained many times about how sore, how much pain, how miserable I am. Sue on the other hand lives in daily pain I can only imagine. Her body is attacking itself from the inside out. She has virtually no strength left in her hands, and she has rheumatoid arthritis in almost all her joints. She has has to have something to drink near her at all times because she has no moisture in her body. That means she has to watch what she eats very carefully, it could scratch her throat, burn her mouth, be to acidic and cause sores in her mouth, or just plain choke her. She has times where for no apparent reason, she suddenly starts stuttering and having trouble putting into words what she wants to say.This embarrasses and humiliates her. So she doesn't talk to anybody when that happens. My point in writing all of this is to say she handles her disease, which will never get better, with more grace and dignity than I could ever imagine. I am very blessed to have four very strong women in my life, My daughter, Connie My sister Connie, My Aunt Joyce, And My Best Friend Sue.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. But I have no choice. I have to deal with it, just like you. We can't give up, then where would we be? Dead.......or really depend on others to live? To feed us? To bath us? I just lost my bath handles, the ones that are easy to turn, because they leake. So now I have two choices. Build streangth in pinkies, or wait for Keith to take a shower, or bath. Guess which road I am taking..........You are my inspiration, and my best friend, Always!!

    ReplyDelete